Okara Cantt - Pakistan's Biggest IT Education Forum
Welcome To OkaraCantt - Pakistan's Biggest IT Education Forum. We Hope You Enjoy Your Visit.

You're Currently Viewing Our Forum As A Guest. This Means You Are Limited To Certain Areas Of The Board And There Are Some Features You Can't Use. If You Join Our Community, You'll Be Able To Access Member-Only Sections, And Use Many Member-Only Features Such As Customizing Your Profile, Sending Personal Messages, And Voting In Polls. Registration Is Simple, Fast, And Completely Free.
Welcome To OkaraCantt - Pakistan's Biggest IT Education Forum. We Hope You Enjoy Your Visit.

You're Currently Viewing Our Forum As A Guest. This Means You Are Limited To Certain Areas Of The Board And There Are Some Features You Can't Use. If You Join Our Community, You'll Be Able To Access Member-Only Sections, And Use Many Member-Only Features Such As Customizing Your Profile, Sending Personal Messages, And Voting In Polls. Registration Is Simple, Fast, And Completely Free.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Backup & Restore your registery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheraz.Nasir
Sheraz.Nasir

Browser : How to Backup & Restore your registery 416

How to Backup & Restore your registery Empty
PostSubject: How to Backup & Restore your registery   How to Backup & Restore your registery I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:16 am

As Salam-0-Alikum,

This is my own first thread in IT Dunya & i am really happy to see there are a throusand of people in pakistan now who are serving and educating the Nation without any interest. So me too just waited to complete the 20 posts to start a new thread.

My dear IT Dunya members, i had felt that we do play a lot with our computers & know very much about it but we always miss a very important part that is "Registery", where every thing happens, from all the instructions executed and loaded. Well in this thread i'll tell you how to backup and restore your Registery. so if you play or smething bad happens to your computer/registery you can restore it. this will save time and your precious work done.

Making a Backup
Click on Start menu and go to Run

now type Regedit & press enter

in the registry editor window click on My Computer (See the Image)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now open File Menu & Click on export (see the image)
Now select an appropriate Drive where you want to save you registry and type a name for the file like the date of backup and click on save(See the Image). Wait untill the backup/export process get done.
Here we'll discuss if something happens to you registry & you cannot use your computer then how you'll restore it without making a newinstallation.

Restoring the Backup

It'll be better for you to restore the backup in safe mode.

Power on your system, and press F8 until you get the boot up options for your OS. Select Safe Mode and press enter,

Now follow the Above given steps. Just use the option Import Instead of export.

provide the backup registry (*.reg) file that you saved earlier.

click open and let the process be done.

Reboot your computer and its all done.

Take care and remember me in your Prayers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Attachments
How to Backup & Restore your registery Attachmentbackupyouregistery.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(31 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
How to Backup & Restore your registery Attachmentbackupyouregistery2.jpg
(32 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
How to Backup & Restore your registery Attachmentbackupyouregistery3.jpg
(46 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
Back to top Go down
http://www.awara-panchi.webs.com

How to Backup & Restore your registery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Okara Cantt - Pakistan's Biggest IT Education Forum  :: IT World :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  

Chat Room OKaraCantt.CoM

Free forum | Computers and Internet | Computers | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com